Knock-you-on-your tail, punch-you-in-the mouth full-throttle power. That’s what you’re getting with KOHLER® liquid-cooled diesel engines. Fast-acting fuel injection technology delivers the punch you need and fuel savings you expect. And our belt-driven, overhead camshaft delivers low-turbulence performance for near-silent operation.
- Integrated fuel-injection system and overhead cam help ensure less maintenance and fewer trips to the shop
- Superior balance, lower cylinder volume, and belt-driven valve train provide nearly non-existent noise and smooth operation
- Cast-iron block construction ensures durability and lasting performance.
- 3-year limited warranty
- Engine type: Four-stroke in-line, cast iron block, aluminum cylinder head, indirect injection with injector pump on head
- Model: LDW492
- HP (kW): 11.5(8.5)
- Displacement (cc): 29.2 (478)
- Bore in (mm): 2.7 (69)
- Stroke in (mm): 2.5 (64)
- Gross Torque ft lbs (Nm): 20.6 (28.0)
- Compression Ratio: 20:1
- Dry Weight lbs (kg): 106.9 (48.5)
- Oil Capacity US qts (L): 2.2 (2.1)
- Lubrication: Full pressure w/full-flow filter
- Dimensions LxWxH (in)*: 19.7 x 19.4 x 20.7
- Emissions Compliance: EU Stage IV
- Engine Type: Commercial
Power (hp) and Torque (ft lbs) specifications for Kohler general purpose engines are rated pursuant to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1940 based on gross output testing performed according to SAE J1995 without the air cleaner and muffler. Actual engine power and torque are lower and affected by accessories (air cleaner, exhaust, charging, cooling, fuel pump, etc.), application, engine speed, ambient operating conditions (temperature, humidity and altitude) and other factors. This J1940 / J1995 rating provides consistent measurement to customers who may want to control the intake and exhaust features of the engine. For more information, contact Kohler Co. Engine Engineering Department. Kohler Co. reserves the right to change product specifications, designs and standard equipment without notice and without incurring obligation.